Meet Dr. Behar
Ted A. Behar, MD, FACS
Dr. Behar received his BA, magna cum laude, from Union College in Schenectady, New York. He received his medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine New York, where he was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. His general surgery internship, residency and chief residency were completed at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and his plastic surgery training was performed at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond. He is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Behar maintains a special interest and emphasis in aesthetic breast surgery, body contouring, and facial rejuvenation. In addition, he enjoys performing the full breadth of plastic surgery, including nearly all aspects of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
As a member of numerous local and national medical organizations, Dr. Behar regularly attends specialty conferences to remain up to date on the newest developments and techniques in his field.
Known for his compassionate and dedicated approach to patient care, he will take the time necessary during your consultation and treatment to be sure that you take full advantage of what modern, state-of-the-art plastic surgery can provide. With privileges at several hospitals in Middle Tennessee, out-patient surgical centers in Franklin and Smyrna, and efficient in-office minor procedure rooms at all of our office locations, Dr. Behar can provide you the surgical care needed at the safest, most convenient and appropriate facility.
All of us at Tennessee Plastic Surgery are proud to offer professional, safe, comfortable, convenient and expert care for you as you move through the treatment process. We will guide you throughout your initial consultation, pre-operative planning and preparation, surgical care and supportive post-operative attention. At Tennessee Plastic Surgery you will be cared for as a unique individual. A customized program of therapy will be designed and executed specifically for your needs.
Our Tennessee Plastic Surgery Practice
Our intimate “boutique” practice exists solely for you, our patient. Dr. Behar has designed his practice to be patient-centered. We strive to make your plastic surgical experience as safe, professional, compassionate and convenient as possible from the first contact with us onward. We will help you discover what treatment would best suit your unique needs and desires. Whether it is cosmetic breast enhancement, aesthetic body contouring, facial rejuvenation or reconstructive care you desire, we will help you to reach your goals. Tennessee Plastic Surgery has two conveniently located offices in Cool Springs (Franklin) and Smyrna where we can provide you with convenient care from beginning to end on your journey to become the best that you can be.
Tennessee Plastic Surgery is proud to offer all major aspects of modern plastic surgical care:
Aesthetic surgery is a special emphasis at Tennessee Plastic Surgery. Cosmetic surgery can significantly enhance the quality of life by restoring and improving appearance. Major categories of cosmetic surgery include breast enhancement, body contouring/enhancement and facial rejuvenation/enhancement.
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Revision Breast Surgery
- Correction of Breast Asymmetry
- Breast Enhancement following weight loss
- Breast Enhancement following pregnancy
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Mini-abdominoplasty (mini-tummy tuck)
- Liposuction (tumescent, ultrasonic assisted, power assisted techniques)
- Thigh Lift (inner or outer)
- Buttock lift
- Arm Lift (brachioplasty)
- Body, Arm and Thigh lifts following weight loss
- Sclerotherapy for spider veins
- Fat grafting for contour abnormalities
- Neck Liposuction
- Eyelid Rejuvenation (blepharoplasty)
- Forehead/Brow lift (classic, endoscopic, trans-blepharoplasty [through upper eyelid incision])
- Short-scar Mid-face lift (through lower eyelid incision)
- Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Restylane, etc.)
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Chemical Peels
- Treatment of facial spider veins
- Lip augmentation
- Scar revision
- Fat grafting (injections) for contour improvement
Reconstructive surgery corrects medical conditions that result from illness, injury or congenital abnormalities. While cosmetic surgery helps normal situations appear more attractive, reconstructive surgery helps abnormal structures or conditions become more normal. The following are only a few of the examples of reconstructive surgery that Tennessee Plastic Surgery offers:
- Breast Reconstruction following mastectomy or breast deformities
- Reconstructive Beast Reduction (medically necessary breast reduction)
- Skin Cancer Cure and Reconstruction
- Nasal Reconstruction
- Skin Grafts
- Soft-tissue Flaps
- Hand Surgery (including carpal and cubital tunnel care, tendon and nerve repair, removal of tumors/lumps, care of Dupuytren’s disease, etc.)